The measuring tool in the glyph preview pane allows you to take very precise readings of your shapes. Draw measuring lines with click + drag in the preview.
- Hold down shift to constrain to horizontal or vertical.
- Press option to keep the previous measurement line.
- Adjust a measurement line by dragging end markers.
- Measuring is available in the sequence layout (command 1) of the preview pane.
- Drag in the design space and see the measure lines update live, so you can precisely find the right value.
Note: kernpairs in the glyph preview will cause the measure line to switch back (in a negative kern) or jump forward (in a positive kern).