- April 14, 2017 Superpolator_developer_170414_1343
- This fixes a problem with wrong values calculated for kerning exceptions in some cases.
- Opening windows should be a bit faster by preloading some modules while opening the app rather than opening a document.
- This also addresses an issue that prevented 4 letter axis tags from being added to an axis. Thanks to Adam T for showing this bug during a presentation. Old style 2 letter tags for registered axes will be converted to the proper 4 letter tags.
- New default axis names count up to 999 and have better colors. Maybe 999 might not be enough for your format busting type project, but you know you should script those things anyway, right?
- March 29, 2017 Superpolator_developer_170329_0921
This fixes a problem with the code signature that caused macOS to warn the application was corrupt. Also fixes a problem on saving. Also fixes a weird problem with instances showing no signs of interpolation at all. MutatorMath and DesignSpaceDoc were robustified. I’ve removed the previous release.
- February 23, 2017 Superpolator_developer_170223_2238.dmg
Using Superpolator as an editor for .designspace documents made me realize it would be good to be able to import designspaces, but that they should not be saved as an equivalent to the .sp3 format. So, in this update, you can still import designspaces, but they open as Untitled documents. Use the Export Designspace menu if you want to make a new designspace file. This should prevent accidental overwriting and loss of data.
The automatic restore of previous documents has been disabled.
Couple of bugs fixed in reading and writing designspace files.
- November 21, 2016 Superpolator_developer_161121_1609
- Support for designspace documents. Export and import.
- Rule definitions do not export to designspace
- The two lettering axis short name becomes the four letter axis tag. These will be useful in making Variable fonts. Some of the known 2 letter shortnames will automatically convert to four letter codes.
- Generating instances uses designspace document.
- Designspace exports contain axes elements.
- September 25, 2016 Superpolator_developer_160925_1115
- Fixes a crash on macOS Sierra 10.12
- July 12, 2016 Superpolator_developer_160712_1948
- Cosmetic fix to Animation panel.
- Fixes problem with incorrect relative paths to master UFOs written to document in new documents.
- March 17, 2016 Superpolator_developer_160317_1220
- Support for Superpolator Remote events.
- November 20, 2015, Superpolator_developer_151120_1435
- This version switches to the MutatorMath as hosted on GitHub for generating UFOs.
- I had to restructure the generating process and redirect the progress and error reports.
- Before an instance is saved the kerning data is validated. Pairs that fail are removed from the UFO. A sheet with a report is shown.
- From this release on support for 10.8 has been dropped, the app is now compiled on 10.10.
- January 21, 2015, Superpolator_developer_150121_1532
New menu for text the preview text size. The old placard text size menu is gone, to allow for automatically hiding scrollbars. Which looks much better in fullscreen use.
Scrollbars now disappear when they’re not needed.
This update also includes a fix for a bug which made the smooth of outgoing tangent points. Note: if you have instances checked into a repository, instances generated with this update will show a lot of smooth flags added in the XML.
- January 13, 2015, Superpolator_developer_150113_1046 New slider for linespacing in the Glyphline options menu. This also addresses some speed issues in drawing on some combinations of Retina screen, both on Mavericks and Yosemite.
- December 28, 2014, Superpolator_developer_141228_1956 Option for inverted text (white on black) with command J. Improved scrolling for right-to-left. Incremental zoom with command plus / command minus.
- November 14, 2014, Superpolator_developer_141114_1618 Glyphs deleted or added to masters are now noticed and updated when Sp3 comes to the front. Selected glyphs in the preview will keep their selection and continue to show point and glyph index numbers. Font.info.postscriptBlueScale is no longer subject to rounding.
- October 28, 2014, Superpolator_developer_141028_1045 Copy any glyph from the preview with a new contextual menu at control-click. Selected glyphs in the preview will show index numbers for contours and points so it will be easier to identify data alignment problems.
- October 3, 2014, Superpolator_developer_141003_1541 This adds support for MutatorMath: export all masters and instances to a designspace document (draft format specification). With the MutatorMath package installed (and some interventions that might a bit more advanced than casual users of Superpolator are used to), the instances can be generated externally. More on MutatorMath This release also fixes some update problems after switching to RoboFont. Deletions, additions and modifications in the UFO sources are detected and processed and displayed when the app becomes main.
- August 7, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140807_1146
Fixes a kerning validation error that caused a crash. Note: it is possible two valid masters produce one or more conflicting pairs. Sp3 now validates and “repairs” the kerning before saving the instance UFO. The repair consists of deleting the conflicting pairs. Currently this is only noted in the application log file, a more user facing solution will be added in a future release. Fixes an issue with unwanted resorting of the font list after adding an instance. Changing the preference for using the document master colors has some visual feedback on Apply.
- July 4, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140704_1705
Fixes an issue reading StyleMapFamilyName and StyleMapStyleName.
- July 3, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140703_1010 Instance popover has fields for StyleMapFamilyName and StyleMapStyleName. The location editor popup menu is now a contextual menu on a dimension (control click). Changes to snippets in the preferences are now updated in open documents (after clicking Apply). Lots of small update issues. Export of HTML report of the design space, more details. Better reporting of UFOs with validation issues (for instance kerning conflicts). Fixes some bugs with the font.lib in generated instances. Designspace pane disables when generating. Identify one of the masters as the source for additional font.info values (the ones that can’t calculate)
- April 4, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140404_1714 Changing the sorting of the fonts in the font list now also sorts the glyphs on display in the glyph line. This was already the case for manually selected (sorted) fonts, now it also works for sorting by name or note. The font-mute state saves to document properly. Muted fonts are exempt from the compatibility audit.
- March 28, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140331_1414This fixes an issue with constructing the designspace in some specific combinations of axes and values.
- March 28, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140328_1053 This fixes a delayed popover after double click on a master. New logging reports threaded tasks. Manually sorted list order saves to document and is restored. Insert instance as master has a new sheet. Selecting masters and instances in the scratchpad is clearer. Couple of small issues.
- March 11, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140311_1352 This fixes an issue adding UFOs with non-ascii characters in the style name. Also activates the “Generate All Documents” menu.
- March 10, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140309_2112 This fixes an issue with the “Open in Editor” menu.
- March 8, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140308_1649 This fixes an issue relating to a flag present on 10.8 but missing on 10.9. Tested on 10.9.2, 10.8.5
- March 8, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140308_1202 This fixes a bundle problem, causing icons to disappear in some situations.
- March 7, 2014, Superpolator_developer_140307_1057 First public release.